Tuesday 27 May 2014

ON BEING A GIRL

The scars i got,
On my face and my neck,
On my hands and my legs. 
Not because I was ignoble,
But because of you and your deeds.
The hideous touch and the humiliations!
Sometimes for my dusky complexion,
Sometimes for my features and my looks!
You took me as a toy,
Lifeless and emotionless!
For a sake of enjoyment and pleasure.
You dressed me and undressed, 
You abused and left.
You said I was a slut,
When I opposed the things you did.
You left me with those scars,
That broke me from inside. 
Every possible thing I tried,
To collect the part of me,
That was scattered in a crowd.
In the heaviest downpour,
I stood.
In the hottest summer,
I was wrapped in a 'sheet'.
To keep myself away,
From getting the 'human heat'.
Firing on me,
Severals of question,
Doubting my character,
My resolves and me!
Scars were for I was a girl,
Humble and meek!
You treated me as a weakling,
You never knew,
I too had armour and headgear,
But i thought,
The man and its kind,
To be hearty and dear!
I was a soul,
With many identity.
As I was a daughter and a child,
A sister,full of innocence,
A mother full of love and motivation,
A  grandmother, full of care and affection!
Thinking myself as ,
A reflection of every beautiful soul!
Oh!! Silly me,
In this world of hatred and inequality,
How can I expect anyone to be,
Demure and kind.
Helpful and understanding,
With a lovely mind!
I know the scars will remain there forever,
And it ought to be,
So that when after an age,
I'll get  strong,
Very strong I mean.
I'll say,
See! These are the scars you gave,
At times, I did cry because of it,
I know.
For I couldn't believe,
Cruelity of man,this way!
But today on the apex where i stand is,
Because of those ugly scars you gave.
It gave me power and strength,
Fortitude and endurance!
It made me realize,
Who I am and where I belong.
It taught me to be and act strong.
Today,standing at a height,
From where I can fly,
I can shout and I can keep my voice.
And you will have to hear.
After hearing me at the top of my voice,
You'll come  to apologize,
Dont worry!
I won't punish you for the past,
Or even make you feel small.
For I am a lady,I'll forgive you,
I have a heart,
I am not merciless and heartless like you!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

u got a powerful pen dear.. keep it up

srv said...

Very senti...and inspirational

Unknown said...

As expected, once again a fresh and heart touching content full of emotions !!! :)

Best Review Online said...

Grt work dear...keep it up...